???????????Gives You Lemons? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.8 (4 Ratings)??84 Grabs Today. 2410 Total Grabs. ??????
Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????1?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger D BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I Can't Help It, I'm a Mother...

A person I've never laid eyes on treated me unkindly this week. If that was all, it wouldn't be so bad, but it wouldn't have happened had I not been holding my eleven month old at the time. He, of course, was pulling my hair out by the roots, yanking my earrings, and generally attempting any acrobatic move he could muster in my lap. No problem, normal eleven-month old tricks, right? So, with one hand on him, I was busy doing something else with the other. (I feel it's best to keep up the anonymity here.) I should explain that what I was doing in this scenario was an act of service for someone else. That being said, this person came up behind me and started talking a bluestreak about what I was doing, and promptly chastised me for not doing it right, and all in front of twenty or so people.

Normally, I would blow this off. I really would. (All the while thinking to myself that this person is just an ignorant busybody.) But this hit a nerve. I do get frustrated that I can't accomplish what I used to. I'm not as sharp as I once was. I'm not as free as I once was. My entire life is just a large blur of multi-tasking. And there are times that I have to stand around and hold my little boy while others do the "real" work. (yea right.)

BUT, I love this child and I choose to do right by him. I choose to focus my attention on his needs above all else. I choose to discipline him when needed, to nurture him when necessary. I choose disorganization above neglecting him. I choose sloppiness over losing time with him. And I choose to accept the disapproval of others when I have to be a mother above all else.

Maybe this person can do everything perfectly with one hand tied behind the back, but this person should not be a mother.

0 comments: