???????????Gives You Lemons? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.8 (4 Ratings)??84 Grabs Today. 2410 Total Grabs. ??????
Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????1?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger D BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Church with Evaneezer...

We went to church this evening and sat midway down in the auditorium; of course, there was a sizeable crowd and plenty of people sitting all around us. They were all commenting on how cute Evan is and how sweet...the usual stuff. (Don't get me wrong, we appreciate all the compliments, but this is not the point to my story.) So, we're sitting there and Evan is being a little angel cuz he knows God is watching extra close when he's in church. He was all wide-eyed and looking around and being so quiet! I was really impressed with him and thinking that maybe JR and I do have some parenting skills after all, when the bomb went off and not figuratively speaking, either. It went off in his pants and I am certain that everyone within a twenty foot radius heard it. As if that wasn't enough, every other part of his body had to chime in. He burped during the prayer, sneezed four times, and then gave himself the hiccups for about fifteen minutes. Then he had projectile spitup that landed all over Mommy! Yay. So, out we went to the nursery so that I could change him and clean myself up. He really did a nice job of getting himself dirty! It was halfway up his back and took about ten wipes to clean him up. And oh yeah, on the last wipe (he just couldn't allow himself to be clean for a second) he tinkled straight into the air, all over Mommy's hands, his onesie, and the changing table. (I think he was just showing out for Nathan and baby Benson, who happened to witness the ugliness.) And I have to mention how happy he was that he emptied himself; he was peaceful as ever as we left the nursery, and Mommy was a mess. It's Daddy's turn next time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I called Matthew in here and we are both cracking up! And yes, I know that at some point that all of this will happen to us and I sincerely hope that you guys enjoy it. But, if it makes you feel any better another baby that you know and love and that will be a future bible classmate of Evan's just about cleared out 3 rows of folks at church last sunday night with a not so silent passing of gas...ah, a bible class full of boys should be fun for some teacher!
Thanks for the smiles. We can't wait to see Evan (and you guys too) on Wednesday!

Jamie said...

Funny story! Something similar happened to me once at MUGG. Lincoln went through 2 outfits due to pooping out of his diaper, all the way up his back--right in front of everyone. I had been planning to take Hannah to Taco Bell to eat afterward that day, but he pooped out a third time. We had to forego Taco Bell and Lincoln ended up riding home in his carseat with just his diaper on!!! The joys of parenting!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the hilariuos story. I think this has happened to all of us (execpt Jackson's was with Matthew...ha ha). I enjoyed getting to visit Sunday night. Evan is so precious.

JR and Hilari said...

Well Carrie, you might not have heard it (though that seems impossible) but he made a rather attractive noise during the prayer during life group last Wednesday, too! Layne was lucky enough to be sitting next to him when he did it. I get so tickled at him that I laugh when I should be quiet, like during church. He's just my gassy little man! Good thing there won't be alot of girls his age at church to impress. :)