???????????Gives You Lemons? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.8 (4 Ratings)??84 Grabs Today. 2410 Total Grabs. ??????
Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????1?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger D BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, August 18, 2007

I'm in love with my baby...

We have the cutest baby ever! It's hard to resist holding him every second of the day, but we are trying not to spoil him rotten. I know he has to learn to self-sooth and fall asleep on his own, etc, etc, but I really can't keep my hands off the little booger.


For the first time, someone told us the other day that he looks like me rather than JR. I don't see it. (Except for his complexion; he's fairer than JR.) His looks have already changed since his birthday. He's filled out a little and he has lost some of that sleepy look. He is definitely awake for longer periods of time now. He slept from one a.m. to six a.m. last night! I was elated! That's the longest stretch of sleep I've had since July 30th.


His first appointment with the pediatrician was last Thursday, and he gained a pound in a week. I thought that was alot. He was 7 pounds, 7 ounces. I imagine he's close to 8 pounds now. The doc said he's completely healthy, although he is eating about an ounce or two more than other babies his age. He has his Daddy's appetite. Now we just have to figure out how to liquify a ribeye and he'll be a carbon copy of his dad. :)


I was a little sad at the beginning of this week. JR had to return to work and I really missed him (especially when it became my sole responsibility to get up with Evan). Our two weeks certainly passed by quick. I know that we are lucky that JR had two weeks off; I don't know if all Dads can get by with that. So now it's just me and Evaneezer at home all alone. We're having special Mommy/Baby time before I have to return to work on October 1st. I do miss being around grown-ups and will probably be speaking baby when I return to work, but I don't want my time with Evan to end. It's just too wonderful.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

He is a handsome man. We tried to figure out how to not spoil Benson too. We are at the point where it really doesn't matter. He's only going to be this age once. We can go back and correct our "mistakes" later...

Amanda said...

Isn't motherhood lovely. Just wait till he starts rolling and you get poop everywhere or they start eating baby food and it gets spit all over you. But it is all worth it! Enjoy your time off with him it goes by tooo fast.